Tuesday, November 26, 2013

#11 Foreign Commercials with... American figures?

Now I've seen my fair share of weird commercials. There's Superbowl commercials, and then there's Japanese commercials.

This is something you would typically see if a western figure takes off in another country, like "Boss Coffee" in Japan.

But Jack Bauer has almost nothing to do with outside influences from places like Japan. It amazes me that he would be shown in a commercial like this, advertising for a calorie drink at that...

At the end of the day I guess it goes to show that cultural interaction is unavoidable, with a heavy leaning towards the western hemisphere as always.

I'll be honest though if that drink was ever sold here and I saw that commercial I'd start drinking that stuff like water. Jack Bauer is AMAZING.


No comments:

Post a Comment